For the Love of the Game Fantasy Baseball League

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2020 8:17 am  #1

12 hr rule

I think next year we should add to the 12 hr rule-
for every time a manager goes over 12 hrs (with the exception of an emergency) they are disqualified from 1 round at the end of the draft and can make any picks within 12 hrs at the end of the draft.  Then the draft closes and they can fill their team through the free agent/waiver process with all other teams when the league opens.

2/28/2020 8:31 am  #2

Re: 12 hr rule

Bamabullz is down with the flu and overslept this morning. Does that qualify as an "emergency"?  Few years back we had a manager who was at the bedside of his bride for the delivery of a new baby.  

A rule such as you suggest is so subject to subjective interpretation that I fear it would create more problems for the commish than it would solve.  In the past we have had a few occasions where the next manager went forward with a pick, and everyone understands the rules.  Nobody has ever objected to being bypassed due to their own delay.  

Also, most managers have provided the commish with their phone numbers and email addresses so I can write or call them, or text.  This seems to work pretty good for those managers.  

Thanks for the suggestion...it is a good one.6.7.0

2/28/2020 8:39 am  #3

Thats a good point, it would be potentially unfair and hard to apply, just thought is was not to harsh a penalty and would speed up the last rounds

2/28/2020 8:57 am  #4

Hope you feel better Bama Bulz!

2/29/2020 8:22 am  #5

Fair warning, I have a strongman presentation to attend this morning. I am training for my first comp in December and I do not know how long today's event will last. Then I have a date with a pretty lady who I call my wife. I will send the commish my picks and hopefully they are available. 

The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be!

2/29/2020 10:25 am  #6

Good luck today!!!!

3/01/2020 9:22 am  #7

Good luck to Cowboy Soldier in your strongman future!  Just don't turn to mush after retirement. 

The commish is here for you if you will send those picks and close this draft out. Phone 334-207-3040. Offer includes a money back guaranty.

Board footera