For the Love of the Game Fantasy Baseball League

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2018 5:18 pm  #1

League Rule regarding unsigned major league players

NOTICE!!!
League rules forbid drafting any player not currently on a major league team roster; in other words, any player not listed in our league page as a player available to draft.   
For this reason you will not see any player that is currently a free agent involved in negotiations at this moment to play on a team, but not signed.  You will also not see Ohtani, even though he is signed.  Until these players appear on Yahoo, you may not draft them.

For the first time, the commish is updating the Yahoo players list pretty much as managers select players.  In other words, you can look at the list of available players on Yahoo to see who is available.  

2/19/2018 5:22 pm  #2

Re: League Rule regarding unsigned major league players

Now before anybody complains, let me say as commish that I don't like this problem at all.  I wanted J D Martinez, and would have grabbed him (maybe) with my last pick. The league rules forbid it.

This problem perhaps will be unique to this season, and we must live with it.  We cannot change rules in mid-draft.  Managers should just remain vigilent and keep up with the Yahoo player list.

Board footera