For the Love of the Game Fantasy Baseball League

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/21/2019 5:28 pm  #1

Rules changes for 2019.

Depending on Yahoo of course, we will switch one bench slot this season to an "NA" slot.  This will leave us with the same 23 slots that Yahoo standard employs, with the extra slot for minor leaguers, unemployed major leaguers (think Machado) and any other players you might dredge from the seas of obscurity to save your otherwise terrible draft effort.

It was requested that we consider allowing managers to trade draft slots during the draft.  This came up early in the league history.  I nipped the idea in the bud quickly because I could not figure out a way to keep up with it all, and also feared that someone would take undue advantage of another manager (and the rest of us) by the cagey use of multi-slot trade involving four or five rounds.   So if two managers desire to make some side agreement, I'm fine with it.  Then after the entire deal has been consumated and both mangers wish to clearly describe the players traded as a result, I will respect that maneuver and make the entryin Yahoo to reflect the outcome.

We will stick with the 12 hour rule again, as this is the essence of the league or, as my youngest son used to say about military highschool, "I love it but I hate it."  Hopefully we will not have any major emergencies and all managers will try hard to be prepared when their turn is up to be as efficient as possible.  A race, hoever, it isn't.  So enjoy it and hate it, cause it will be happening for over a month.  

Board footera