For the Love of the Game Fantasy Baseball League

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/19/2020 4:14 pm  #1

2020 league draft order

2020 league draft order:
1.Texans
2.Splendid Splinters
3.Bama Bullz
4.Bombsquad
5.Caveman Mafia
6.Cheezballz
7.Wyoming Outlaws
8.Texas Soldiers
9.Dread Sox
10.Pete's Pistols
11.Lost Gonzo Geezers
12.Cheese Biscuits
13.Injury Bug Squashers
14.Slow Sliders

1/23/2020 10:15 am  #2

Re: 2020 league draft order

IMPORTANT REMINDER!!!!
Don't waste a draft pick!  If you draft any player who does not start the season with the major league club, that pick is thrown away.  If two days (or less) AFTER the season commences your drafted player is promoted to the majors, you must bid FAAB dollars to attempt to recover the player you wasted the draft pick on.  Another manager might bid higher and win that minor leaguer.
THIS WILL HAPPEN TO SOMEONE THIS DRAFT--DON'T LET IT BE YOU!  

2/13/2020 11:25 pm  #3

What happens if a player is rehabbing the first week of the season in the minors?  Players get hurt all the time in spring training and teams leave them off their roster In the minors in order to get additional at bats.  This also happens to pitchers frequently who the leave in the minors because of off days they only need 4 starters the first couple weeks.   What about established MLB players that have not signed new contracts or are holding out?

2/14/2020 11:00 am  #4

Honestly Texans, I am not sure.  You may be referring to Paxton.  He may not be on the opening day roster, in which case I think it unwise to pick him this early.  If you do and he is not on the roster you will be facing the prospect of an empty spot and a wasted draft pick. When Paxton comes up he will be subject to Yahoo waiver rules, which means spending FAAB against other managers.  Or Paxton could be on the opening roster and simply placed on the IL by the Reds.  Wish I knew. Risky!

Great question, and I'm glad you brought it up.  Exactly the point I was making in my January 23 post. 

2/14/2020 11:10 am  #5

Same points made with MLB holdout players, except I'm more convinced that they will be FAAB.

As for Paxton and players in similar circumstances, I have written to a source for clarification.  I'll report any response.

2/14/2020 12:22 pm  #6

I would think that if you draft (ed) someone who is not playing for whatever reason at the beginning of the year that was your risk. A lot of us will probably have someone on the DL (AKA  IL) at the beginning of the year. To draft someone who obviously will be starting the year on the DL (IL) is up to your level of risk/later reward to your team. If no one drafts a good player then it is a waiver $ time race for all at some point.

"Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too".   Yogi B.

Board footera